Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Overcoming Loneliness


Whenever I am overwhelmed with loneliness and desperately feel the need for company in this cold, desolate foreign land, I find solace in the following prayer.

"Almighty God, enter my heart and mind so that I no longer feel so alone in the world. Let me have patience with myself so that I learn to enjoy my own company. Be the light in my life, so that the darkness of my heart will be illuminated by your love for me. Grant me the hope to know that I will not always be alone. Help me make friends that love me for who I am and not for what I do. Let me grow in wisdom and love for other people so that I can become a light to others. Amen."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always remember that in my heart, my thoughts & my prayers you are always there. never feel lonely bcuz i'll always love you.
i'll always be there wenever u need someone.
prayer helps i guess...but love makes all things right.
love u forever & for always!

Anonymous said...

Sad to know you are lonely. But remember you are not the only one. People can live with their near and dear ones, in a lot of company and yet be lonely. You may be in a room full of people, but you may feel you are completely alone. Take care and think positive. Keep in touch with people you know love you and will willingly keep time for you. You should know you are loved...

MUSER said...

Thanks so much both of you.I feel so comforted by your encouragement, love and prayers. I'll always cherish them.

indimom