Thursday, December 20, 2007

Of pigs n men




I recently chanced upon these rather interesting Trojan condom ads that made me sit up and I felt I just had to share with those of you who havn't seen them as yet.

They feature a bunch of attractive women unhappily surrounded by a group of pigs. Literally..... Sipping drinks and staring at the wall, the women try their best to ignore the pigs’ pick-up lines, until one of the porkers heads over and buys a condom. Like the classic frog-to-prince transformation, the promise of safe sex turns Mr. Piggy into Mr. Hottie. When he returns to the bar, a fetching blond who had been indifferent, now smiles at him invitingly and he gets the girl.
The commercials are a part of a new ad campaign by Trojan called "evolve.” The message: "Evolve. Use a condom every time."
Some opinions on this-
1. All men are pigs.
2. Men who don't want to use condoms during sex are pigs.
3. If a man goes into a bar looking to get a girl drunk and have "protected" sex
with her, he is a pig, protected or not.
4. These are anti-men ads.
5. These are pro-smart-men ads.

I'd love to hear your take on it...light the spark and fire away!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too realistic!! I think this ad is a take-off on the pig and sausage joke! (Too gross to be told here). If only all men knew how they look in a bar!

MUSER said...

lol... that was priceless!

Anonymous said...

The fair-sex in my household freaked out on your post whereas my husband and the rest of the male gang at home found it obnoxious.Probably most men would feel affronted 'cos it threatens their identity and portrays them as boors(boars?!). Guess its a very 'guy' thing to feel this way.
This ad gave me a major 'high'. Need I say more?
Your guess is as good as mine!
Ooh...la...la...

Anonymous said...

Boors, boars, bores, pig, men---all interchangeable!

Anonymous said...

Beauties vs Beasts

Anonymous said...

too cool!!!!!!!

indimom